How to Apply
Internship Application should be made through the Online System.
Points to note:
- Consider following information before submitting application:
- Summer (June to August)
- Semester 1 (Late-August to November)
- Semester 2 (January to April)
- Summer: Full-time only (at least 5 full days/40 hours per week)
- Term time: Full-time/ Part-time (at least 2 full days/16 hours per week)
- Student Interns have to obtain a minimum of 200 work hours*
Remarks* The minimum requirement on work hours will be changed from 240 to 200 with effective from internship starts from June 2020.
(for semetser internship)
- Unless prescribed in an approved study plan, students who carry a study load over 15 units (NOT include the 3 units to be obtained in SOSC 1005 or SOSC 2005) would NOT be recommended to undertake the internship in that semester.
- If you have already registered for more than 15 units in the semester, you must obtain approval from your major Department before your internship starts.
- Government and Public Sector
- Media and Publishers
- Policy related offices (e.g. Legislative Councillor Office)
- Social Services, Social Enterprise and NGOs
- Arts, Entertainment, Sports and Recreation
- Accounting / Banking
- Customer Service
- Event Management
- General Administration
- Marketing / Sales
- Media / Public Relations
- Research / Survey
- Recreation Services
- Social Service
- Prepare to write around 150 words for your LEARNING OBJECTIVES of the Internship
- Prepare your latest Transcript (PDF format)
- Apply via Social Sciences Internship Online System (SSISYS)
More relevant information are listed in Student > Planning for Internship