Cultural Exchange Program (CEP) - Summer for 9 -12 weeks
Cutural Exchange Program (CEP) - Summer (formally known as the International College Program, ICP) provides an excellent opportunity to work for one of the famous names in world entertainment and theme park business. Applicants from different study streams will take part in a 9-12-week living, working and learning experience in Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida, USA during their summer holidays. Only non-final year undergraduate students are eligible to apply for this summer programme.
CEP - Summer Outline
1st Round Selection (conducted by HKBU)
- The Office of Off-Campus Learning, Faculty of Social Sciences, HKBU will conduct shortlisting after the application deadline for proceeding to the 2nd round of selection. Applicants with outgoing, friendly, enthusiastic personality, work experience in customer related service are more preferred by the Disney Recruiters.
Training Workshops (conducted by HKBU)
- Shortlisted candidates must attend at least one workshop and one mock interview or two workshops before attending the 2nd round selection interview.
2nd Round Selection Interview (conducted by Disney Recruiters)
- Shortlisted candidates are required to attend the 2nd round selection interview conducted by representatives from the Disney International Recruiting. Normally the on-site interview will be held in November each year. The selection results will be anncounced by the end of December.
Pre-Departure Briefing & J-1 Visa Application
- Successful candidates are required to attend the Pre-Departure Briefing which is normally held in March and process the J-1 Visa Application by the end of May.
- Successful candidates are required to attend the Kick-off Ceremony which is normally held in May each year.
- Final Report
After completion of the programme, each participant is required to submit the Cast Member Performance Feedback form and a final report of not less than 300 words relating to "Experience in USA Disney", with three photos taken in USA Disney. Participants should submit their reports via the HKBU USA Disney Internship Programme Online System by the required deadline after completion of the programme.
- Debriefing Session
All participants should attend the debriefing to share their internship experience with fellow schoolmates.